Monday, October 25, 2010

Aisha's Day of Fall Culture


So did I say I hate the fall??? Am I crazy? I love the fall. Just look at the faces of these little ones and tell me how I could not love the fall?

As you can tell - we had a lovely time at the farm this year and fun picking our pumpkins. My husband and I went with two other couples and their children to the Queens Farm this weekend. It was THE PERFECT fall day. Very nice and warm. We enjoyed the petting zoo, being "attacked" by a stray chicken, an adventure through a corn maze (known as the Amazing Maize Maze...) and pumpkin picking.

It's interesting to include this event as one of our cultural outings but truly it is. Being cosmopolitan doesn't mean knowing just about Paris or Egypt or Taipei but also loving and appreciating the culture of America or wherever you are from. This event though is truly outside of my norm. We are city folks through and through but I really want Lady C to know more about the world than the concrete streets of New York City. Here are a few shots of our adventure today at the farm... all photos of course courtesy of my hubby!! He's great.

Also, thanks to MommyofaDiva and Annamaria for allowing me to share some shots of Lady L and Lady S!




Here is a map of the maze we did... our time was 40 minutes.



When we were done we got a little shot of all the lost mazers


Here is my little muffin and me in the amazing maize maze



The girls had so much fun pumpkin picking at the patch!


And I must of course share a picture of that scoundrel chicken that tried to attack us...

0 comments:

Post a Comment