Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sparkling Cosmopolitan

Last week we made a trip to Alexandria's local speakeasy, the PX Lounge.  If you live in the area and you haven't been, you gotta go.  I am not sure which is better about the place - the atmosphere or the hand crafted drinks.  Seriously, they are works of art.

interior of PX Lounge

Inspired by their artful concoctions, my husband claimed today that he wanted to be a "mixologist" for the evening.  Not wanting to squelch his dreams, I agreed (I mean, he really had to twist my arm).  Together we crafted the Sparkling Cosmopolitan.


What you need:
1.5 ounces vodka
1 ounce Grand Mariner
1 ounce sparkling cranberry juice
.5 ounce Rose's sweetened lime juice

What you'll do:
Add 1 cup of ice to a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. 


Serve immediately.  Garnish with lime if desired.


Note: I didn't have any cosmo glasses in the house but love how this drink looks in my grandmother's beautiful crystal glasses.  Any girly, dainty glass will do!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment